AngieMD2007

what happens when an overworked, undersexed, recovering nerd single mom goes to medical school? watch me attempt to keep my sanity and raise a productive member of society at the same time! what fun!

Monday, November 21, 2005

emotional recovery

after professing my love to my best-guy-friend, and feeling like a complete ASS, i headed out to ATL on saturday. i got to hang out with one of my little cousins, who i haven't seen in a while. then i went to my homegirl D's b-day party.

the liquor was flowing, but since i know i can't drink, i only had one drink - rum punch from Barbados (so yummy). and hell, i've been in the caribbean for the past two years. one little bitty rum punch couldn't possibly hurt me...even though it was a little more rum than punch. yeah right, i was up puking for hours.

so i got back to smalltown about 6 pm on sunday, (as i finally stopped bleeding!) just in time to do my mommy duties and get my daughter ready for bed. after that, i called BGF to thank him for letting me slobber and cry all over his nice sweater on friday.

he said not to EVER let myself get so upset over a stupid dude (i didn't tell BGF who it was by name) again. he also said that he was so worried about me that he could hardly concentrate the rest of the day. he also said if he was ready to get married again, that i would definitely be the one - AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!

i don't know if i mentioned this before, but BGF is widowed. he married his wife while they were still in high school. she passed away in a car accident and left him to raise their two kids, who are now teenagers. so it's a very sad situation, but there's nothing i can do about it.

i still love him, not only for being my best-guy-friend, but for who he is. he is the sweetest, nicest guy i know. but in fairness to myself, i can't wait around for him to be "ready". besides, i'm horny as hell....

6 - the # of people who hit me up:

Post a Comment

<< Home