AngieMD2007

what happens when an overworked, undersexed, recovering nerd single mom goes to medical school? watch me attempt to keep my sanity and raise a productive member of society at the same time! what fun!

Saturday, October 01, 2005

Just some stuff...

ok, i've been gone for almost a week, and everyone in here small-town not only knew i was gone, but that i was gone for a funeral "up north". well, they all know i'm back now - lol!!

it was a little weird being back in newark, new jersey. i haven't lived there since i left for college (almost 18 years ago - fuck, i am getting OLD). it has changed some, but for the most part, it still looks the same.

friday was a hectic day for me. we got in from jersey at 5:30 am, and the phone started ringing by 10:00 am. i was a little pissed that i forgot to turn off the ringer. friday nite was the football game, and i went with my daughter, one of my many cousins LP and her daughter. once we found seats, we run into MJ's mom.

MJ's mom is Ms. P. I love her to death, but she's very ghetto. MJ is close to my age, but a few years younger. Ms. P also has a son who's close in age to my daughter, so she had MJ very young. she keeps telling me how much she loves me for MJ, i'm such a good woman, blah, blah, blah.

i ran into her once before at a PTA meeting, and i gave her the lowdown, so she already knows i'm not speaking to MJ. at that time she said, "imma tell it" (which means in country speak that she was gonna have a talk with him).

anyway, this was our conversation at the game
Ms. P: i heard you were out of town, sorry to hear about the funeral.
me: how did you know? oh i guess he told you.
Ms. P: yeah, he must have asked me every day last week if i saw you at the school
me: interesting...
Ms. P: i told him to stop bugging me and go ahead and call you, but you know he's stubborn
me: yeah i know, but i am still pissed off at him, so he's gonna have to call me first if he wants to make up.
Ms. P: imma tell it

i don't know what she was getting at, or if she was just trying to let me know that he cares about me, or just asking about me, or what. but fuck that! i aint calling his ass.

i went by the cousins' house that live up the street from him today. they babysat my daughter's fish while we were gone. my cousin mentioned that MJ came up to her house everyday last week asking about me and wanting the phone number to where we were staying.

she told him to get lost 'cause if his ass was calling me while i was IN TOWN before i left, then he would have had the number in jersey. she also told him she wasn't helping his ass no more 'cause every time she helps him get me back, he just goes and fucks it back up all over again. you go cousin! but wait - what the hell has she been telling him about me?? oh well...

as my homegirl Dee always says, "Ang, if he likes you enough, and you whipped that shit on him, then his ass will come crawling back. they always do."

ok, so, let's see if Dee is right...

0 - the # of people who hit me up:

Post a Comment

<< Home